Hiit Mama workouts are timed so time yourself and go as FAST AS YOU CAN!! That is how you get the cardio in. If you are a new Hiit Mama, just start with the workout of the day (WOD)...no need to go back to the first post because we will eventually repeat all those workouts. Make sure and post your time in the comment section so you can track your progress! Also, there are video demos of each exercise we do down the right side bar.

Jul 16, 2013

Tuesday 07.16.13

"Marlene"

3 rounds for time of:
15 Hang power clean, 20 lbs
15 Burpees

Compare to 08.01.12

Post time to comments.


Califit Mama Marlene

"I am a 41-year old mother of 2 c-section babies that are now ages 8 and 10.  I totally lost myself and gained 50 pounds in the 5 years after they were born.  I have lost the weight by doing Weight Watchers (I hate to track and count points), P90X (takes too long) and most recently running a 1/2 marathon (just running is boring and my upper body got soft) in the last 4 years. I get bored so quickly I have trouble sticking with anything.  That's why I LOVE your blog.  Always something different, short enough to complete before waking the kids and always a challenge.  In the 8 weeks since I found your blog on Pinterest I have lost 2" from bust, waist and belly, 1" from hips and my arms and legs are much more toned. Thank you!" -Mbrous2

90 DAY CHALLENGE III: DAY 9
Vi-shake
no caffeine
no soda

56 comments:

Kristin said...

6:18
15# med ball

Lauren said...

5:24

Lynn said...

6:42 as RX'd
Added abs and a run after

Way to go, Marlene!!

martha said...

5:55 as rxd...still feeling yesterday's wod!

Kjnobes said...

7:50 with a 20 lb dumbell - had to answer the phone in the middle of the 2nd round.

mbrous2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

6:37 with 40 lbs for hanging power cleans.
3 mile run before workout (slow)

mbrous2 said...

Thanks, Lynn!

mbrous2 said...

6:42
Thanks, Jenni, for the recognition. I forgot I had sent these to you. What a surprise to see this morning. I'm still loving every wod you post

Amanda Rigby said...

9:23 BURPEES!!!

Rachael said...

9:19
25lb hang cleans in rounds 1.5.

Tamara said...

4:54
Subbed lat pull downs w/ no weight
modified burpees and thought it was 10 reps/round...

1.6 km power walk after wod.

Julie said...

5:30 as rx'd
feeling yesterday's workout!

Good job Marlene :)

Samantha Queen said...

7:26
45lb hang cleans
That was a lot harder than I thought it would be
Great job Marlene!!

Katie C. said...

8:35 as rx'd
Gotta love the sweat running down my face after 8 minutes!

roni said...

6:15
Only had 2, 12lbs dumbbells

James Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Family said...

8:50
25# hang power clean
Burpees were so slow today.

I also did last Wednesdays wod since I was out of town and didn't have access to any equipment.

beckylinn said...

10:57 as rx'd

Shawntae Berry said...

Cf Mamas Northglenn

Shawntae 4:57
Kiyah 5
Chalar 8:02
Robyn 4:50
Jina 4:50
Riley 5:44
Jane 6:19
Janel 5:21
Karissa 7:28
Megan 5:58
Holly 5:09
22-25lb

Brittany said...

8:53 and I did all the burpee! Success to me!

Katie Fuller said...

6:35
30 lbs

Kari F. said...

5:31. 30 lb hang cleans.

Rissa W said...

5:52 30# hang cleans

Brian and Becky Harrell said...

5:19 30# hang cleans

Maura Sumpter said...

5:50 24# full jump/bpu burpees. Then 7/12 wod then 7/15 wod then group power class.

LeeMac said...

6:49 as rx'd

Emily said...

only had 16# of weight 9:04

mbrous2 said...

Thanks, Julie!

mbrous2 said...

Thanks, Samantha!

wow mom said...

6 min

Kate Huether said...

6:13 30#

Living Simple Living Clean said...

K=5:50. J=5:15

Donette said...

Guess I'm the slow one for today!
12:45. Used 30# for the hang cleans. Very sore from yesterday's work out. I guess that's what I get for missing the past 2 weeks.!

Jen Mango said...

7:10

14#- still not sure I'm doing these right, feels too easy.

last 2 sets were 5 burpees and 10 mt climbers- can't breathe during burpees, find myself holding my breath!

Zareena Koch said...

6:55 as rxd.

Crystal Shelton said...

forgot to start the timer before our workout but my 13 year old did a great job!!! She finished all three rounds with added 15 jumping pull ups (she did push press with a 15 lds dumb bell instead of power cleans)before I started my thirs round! So proud of her!!!

kauffmangirl said...

5:29 with 40lb hang power cleans. Started with 65lb, but had to decrease part of the way thru 1st round, just not feeling it after a couple hours rowing a boat just before WOD.

Lea said...

6:53 as rx'ed

Jennifer Gores-Todd said...

6:33

laura said...

5:02 45# bar. Ran hills this morning w/ kids. 1st hill jog, walk/jog back down, then 4 sprints up/walk down, 3 back peddling up/walk down.

Jana Pace said...

8:41. Then 1 mile.
Fabulous results Marlene!

Miranda Hoberg said...

5:48

AmyD said...

10 as rxd

Kelly Jonas said...

Yay Marlene! Way to go!

5:23
20# on bar
Burpees are my weakness!

jroweton said...

8:33
20# hang clean
Chest to ground burpees rd 1-2
Rd 3 burpees to plank

Shavanah Moya said...

7:57 as rx'd

one of us said...

6:35

Heather Foster said...

5:42

Erika Sullivan said...

10:22

Ian and Amy said...

5:48

Jessica Timmons said...

6:40, 50lb hang clean

**completed 7/18

KPgr8ful said...

Yesssss Marlene!!!

6:10, 40# (did full squat first round hang cleans-duh-whipped into shape on rounds 2 & 3)

Mrs. Stamp said...

6:43
burpees to plank

Maria Ernestine said...

Pat - 6:25 #70

Maria - 6:48 #35

Heather Foster said...

#30 bar
6:59