Hiit Mama workouts are timed so time yourself and go as FAST AS YOU CAN!! That is how you get the cardio in. If you are a new Hiit Mama, just start with the workout of the day (WOD)...no need to go back to the first post because we will eventually repeat all those workouts. Make sure and post your time in the comment section so you can track your progress! Also, there are video demos of each exercise we do down the right side bar.

Jul 23, 2013

Tuesday 07.23.13

"Erin"

21-15-9 reps for time of:
Wall ball, 10 lb ball
Butterfly sit-ups
Thrusters, 20 lbs

Post time to comments.


Califit Mama Erin

"I started the challenge wanting to lose those last 5-10 post four kids pounds. Instead, I gained two! I have checked and double checked all of my measurements and yes, I've gained weight, lost a few inches around my waist, and built up some muscle. During this challenge my daughter turned eight and for the first time ever, I heard her use the word "fat." This has completely changed how I need to view myself as I am the one setting an example for her. As a family we exercise and go out for bike rides or hike. As a family we eat healthy with the occasional dessert (once-a-week-until-it's-gone rule in our house). As a family, WE ARE HEALTHY! She is 100% healthy and normal. AND, I am 100% healthy and normal. I am ecstatic that I was able to tone up so quickly. Do I need that number on the scale to drive my attitude about myself? NO! Maybe in the past I was tied to numbers but now I need to show my daughter that I can eat, exercise, have the occasional dessert, AND be HAPPY with my body. My body is just a shell of my true self and while I rocked that pre-baby 6-pack, my muffin top (oh how I wish we could spot reduce!) is a reminder of a greater daily challenge I have to worry about than just my own self-absorbed self image.......I am laying the groundwork for how my daughters will one day view themselves. I want them to see themselves as beautifully as I do. Thank you so much for these at home work-outs! They are very challenging and yet very conducive to a mom of four's busy schedule." -Erin

90 DAY CHALLENGE III: DAY 16
Vi-shake
no caffeine
no soda
 fruit or veggie snacks

57 comments:

Lynn said...

Great testimonial, Erin. You are rocking your body, now!

4:53 as RX'd

Kjnobes said...

5:21 with 8lb medicine ball for wall ball and sit ups on an exercise ball (sore bottom from earlier butterfly sit-ups)
Added a 1 mile jog (11min) and 50 more ball sit-ups at the end.

Denise said...

Great job Erin!
6:30
12 lb ball
Arms crossed
30 lb thrusters

Denise said...

I used to get a sore bottom all the time too then I bought a $10 abmat (I have off-brand "Yes4All" from favorite store-Amazon)! It's great! Or put a rolled up towel under your bottom/low back.

KIM said...

4:49, squats instead of wall balls and 24# thrusters.

mbrous2 said...

6:27
10# ball
35# thrusters
Great job, Erin!

Lauren said...

6:18 wb with bball

Becky Parker said...

5:47 Weighted jumping squats instead of wall balls. 15lbs for all weighted exercises.

Kim Jackson said...

6:48
Arms crossed for bsu.

Zareena Koch said...

6:33 as rxd. Arms crossed for sit ups.

Kelly Jonas said...

Nice Erin! It isn't about the #'s!
6:19
Crunches

aj said...

4:51
Everything as rx'd
Then did an arm workout

jroweton said...

4:25
Subbed mountain climbers for wall ball
Rest as RXD

Deborah said...

As rx'ed but forgot to start timer.

Ian and Amy said...

5:11

Kristin said...

6:54 15 # med ball on wall ball/thrusters

missm23 said...

Question: I have to sub thrusters for wall-balls. Since this WOD also includes thrusters, should I sub a different exercise for wall-balls? Thank you!

Rachael said...

6:14
Regular ball

Julie said...

5:54
Subbed walking weighted lunges for wb
arms crossed on half
30# thrusters
Then ran 1 mile

It's so exciting to see everyone's results! Great job Erin

martha said...

5:43 as rxd

James Family said...

8:10
25# ball for wall ball
25# thrusters

Shawntae Berry said...

Cf mamas Northglenn
pu for wall ball

Shawntae 4:57 roman chair su
Karissa 7:23 bpu
Holly 5:02 bpu
Leslie 6:23 gpu
Megan 6:18 bpu 25#
Riley 4:53 bpu
Jane 4:24 bpu
Sharadee 5:50 bpu

Shawntae Berry said...

Cf mamas Robyn 6 bpu

Marguerite Spriggs said...

5:50 only had a 6# ball to use for wall ball. Then ran 3 miles

laura said...

5:47 as rxd.

Aly said...

8:21
30# thrusters

Sarah said...

4:48

JanelWarner said...

3:57 rxd

Jess Dooley said...

10 min

Katie Fuller said...

4:12
10 lb wb
30 lb thrusters

Shavanah Moya said...

5:16

Did first and last set of thrusters with 40# and second with 20#. I just should have done them all with 40#!

I finally got tired of just using a basketball for the wall ball so I made my own "ball" by duct taping two 5# plates together. It did the job and I like my little thing I made! ;) I'll use that until I can get a proper medicine ball.

Shavanah Moya said...

Good job Erin!! You took the words right out of my mouth!!

Heather Foster said...

15 lb ball
5:53

Brian and Becky Harrell said...

5:03
Subbed weighted lunges for WB

Michelle Strom said...

10 minutes and I also added in goblet squats with a 20lb kettle bell to each round. I also ran 1.25 miles before I started.

KPgr8ful said...

High five to u Erin!!!!

5:00
Jumping squats butt to floor for wb
Bfsu
40# push press for thrusters

Right after yesterday's WOD.

10:00 core/planks

Kari F. said...

6:10 30 lb thrusters.

Kelly said...

5:18
Subbed pu for wall ball (10 bpu)
Rest as rx'd

Donette said...

6:10.

Loved your comments Erin! Beautifully written!

Jen Mango said...

7:15
8 # ball
14 # thrusters

AmyD said...

7:30
Basketball for wall ball
#30 thrusters

Maura Sumpter said...

5:15 then 7/18 wod then group power.

Mrs. Stamp said...

6:21
as rxd

Kate Huether said...

5:29 with arms crossed and 30#

Lesa said...

6:45
20# squats subbed for wall ball

Katie C. said...

6:25 as rx'd
Nice job Erin! I too think it is fun to see results!

Gillian Monte said...

6:06.
Whew, that was kinda hard after being on vacation in Vegas for the past week and a half.

Jennifer Gores-Todd said...

5:26

Living Simple Living Clean said...

K=4:59 J=5:30

Duke~N~Morghan said...

3:59

one of us said...

5:25

Diana said...

7:32 20# thrusters, they had me almost crying
10# medball
no assistance needed for the butterfly sit-ups

Nikki Sawulski said...

Erin! Thank you so much for your post! I'm in the same boat, want to lose that 10 lbs of baby weight and am struggling with my self image while trying to raise my boys to love themselves, it's so hard sometimes. You look fantastic! And love how almost all the women do far have gained a pound or two or lost no weight but they've lost inches - goes to show how much muscle is really healthier for you and weighs more. So happy I found this blog! Such an inspiration.

Melody Hunsaker said...

6:24

LeeMac said...

5:00
12 lb wall ball
All else as rx'd

Maria Ernestine said...

Maria - 9:01 #12wb, #8ball w/su, #45 thrusters

Jenni said...

7:20
Make up day.